Monday, March 15, 2010

What's For Dinner Tonight? Beef Stroganoff

I've been getting used to the warmer weather here, so today's burst of cold air caught me by surprise. I immediately knew tonight was going to be a total comfort food night. For this beef stroganoff, I used ground beef, since I stockpiled it during a great sale at Farm Fresh. I serve it over egg noodles, but it's also great over other types of pasta, rice, and potatoes. Easy, warm, and tasty for those cold nights!


Beef Stroganoff


4 ounces fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper

In a large skillet, sautee onions, garlic, and mushrooms in half of the butter over medium heat until soft, remove from pan.

Brown ground beef in same pan. Add remaining butter to pan and melt. Mix in flour. Stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and cook until thickened slightly.

Add onion and mushroom mixture. Stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until heated through, but do not boil. Serve over cooked egg noodles.

Serves 4 (easily doubled). Total prep and cook time: 25 minutes.



I served this along with asparagus sauteed in a little butter and olive oil and my favorite bread machine bread.

Happy eating!


0 comments:

Photobucket